Beauty news and releases this week.
* Certification body Ecocert Greenlife is launching a new label for environmentally sound spas, called ‘Being’. It will cover day spas, hotel spas, balneotherapy and thalassotherapy centres and beauty salons with spas, and outlets that apply for it must confirm to 50 base criteria with regard to organic products, environmental impact, etc. Now you will be able to tell if the spa you’re using is really eco-friendly.
* Researchers at Wageningen university in the Netherlands have said that nanoplastics found in cosmetics could be damaging marine life.
* This year, French perfumery chain Marionnaud has teamed up with fashion brand Courrèges to create its annual charity bear. Sales are to benefit CEW, an organisation that sends beauticians round hospitals to cheer up female patients. The Courrèges bear is dressed in fluorescent pink vinyl and will be available from the end of November, for 9.90 euros.
* Tunisian model Hanaa Ben Abdessiem has been chosen as the face of Lancome’s Christmas makeup collection, Happy Holidays. The collection celebrates Paris and gold features in all the products including a sequinned eye shadow (20 euros).
* In October, for the 1st anniversary of the launch of the fragrance ‘Bottega Veneta, Italian fashion house Bottega Veneta is producing a Collection Deluxe based on the perfume notes. These were Italian bergamot, Indonesian patchouli and oakmoss, Indian jasmine sambac and Brazilian pink pepper and the new collection includes a retro-look eau de parfum, a solid perfume in the form of a powder box and a candle. Prices from 65 euros – 150 euros.
* Princesse Marina de Bourbon has announced a new fragrance, Golden Dynastie. In EDP format, it has head notes of orange, green apple and ‘green harmony’ accord; heart notes of rose, hyacinth and violet; and base notes of cedar wood, sandalwood and white musk. It comes in 100ml, 50ml, 30ml and 7.5ml formats, a 1.5ml sample giveaway and a body lotion.
* Armani has released Armani Code Ultimate, a more intense version of Armani Code. Devised by Antoine Maisondieu, it has head notes of grapefruit, mandarin and aniseed, heart notes of cedarwood, cypress and heliotrope and base notes of guiac wood, vanilla and tonka bean. It costs 56 euros for a 50ml edt.